From the Village Hall car park turn right along the High Street past The Pykkerell Hotel and then right down Crown Lane. At the end of Crown Lane take the steps down to the A143. Take great care crossing the road.
Continue straight ahead along Crown Lane where, to the right, on the sloping field with sweeping views to Mickle Mere, once stood a substantial Roman Villa. This was first discovered in 1834 and excavated in 1849 and then again in 1948 by Basil Brown, famous for his work at Sutton Hoo.
At the end of the field turn right and walk beside the field towards the old Pumping Station. Carefully cross the road to follow Baileypool Lane to join the Ixworth.
TO DOWNLOAD THE FULL BROCHURE PRODUCED BY SUFFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL ON THE CIRCULAR WALKS AROUND IXWORTH PLEASE CLICK HERE.